Life doesn’t always have a fairy tale ending. Sometimes people get divorced. Over the past few decades, the divorce rate has skyrocketed in America, making a good divorce attorney just as vital as a wedding planner. For some, divorce can be devastating, while for others, it can be a relief. Wherever you fall in that spectrum doesn’t really matter as long as you have a great divorce attorney like Stephanie L. Mahdavi who can take care of your legal needs.
We have been around serving the community of Thousand Oaks for years. All of our attorneys at The Law Offices of Stephanie L. Mahdavi are legal professionals who have stellar track records. If you find yourself needing a good divorce attorney in Thousand Oaks, do not hesitate to give us a call. But before you come in to see us, here are some tips on what to ask us, just for your peace of mind. We will give you genuine, honest answers that will put your mind to rest, and make you confident in choosing us to represent you.
Questions for the Firm
- Since we live in California, you should ask us about our certification. Are we certified as California Family Law Specialists?
- Since many attorneys practice various areas of law, ask us about our work in practicing family law. We will be more than happy to disclose our experience.
- It is well within your rights to ask to meet the other attorneys or paralegals who will be working on your case. We will gladly introduce you to our team.
- If there is an emergency how do I reach you? What is your standard response time? Our law professionals have an obligation to you, and we make ourselves available when you need us.
Your divorce attorney in Thousand Oaks should treat you like a client and not a paycheck. Communication is key, so staying in contact is pertinent.
Questions About Your Case
- Based on the facts of my case, how long do you think it will take to come to a resolution? What is your plan of attack for my case and what kind of strategies will you employ? We will evaluate your case and discuss this with you in detail.
- In your professional opinion, do you think a Judge would rule on my case? Every case is different, but, professionally speaking, we can give you scenarios of the different outcomes and other actions to take if necessary.
- Can you advise me on how to handle taxes and other financial consequences from this divorce? We will be happy to sit with you and discuss any concern you may have. We have other experts we can consult with if we need to.
Questions to Ask About Costs
- What are the hourly rates for you and the other people in your law firm working on my case? Is there a retainer? This will be covered in your consultation.
- Are there any additional charges I should expect along with your normal hourly rate and fees? Depending on the situation, there may be other extraneous expenses, but nothing is hidden.
- Assuming things run smoothly, what will the total divorce cost me? Every case is different. We will evaluate yours.
- What can I do to keep costs down? Are there tasks I can complete on my own? Is it wise to speak directly with my spouse? There are many factors that come into play. Your best bet is to speak to one of us in person.
If you are contemplating a divorce, make sure it is something you are willing to follow through with. Our legal professionals at The Law Offices of Stephanie L. Mahdavi are qualified to help you through this emotional and stressful time.
Finding a divorce attorney in Thousand Oaks should not add to the headache of getting a divorce itself. You need a team who will work for you and put you in the best position to be successful. Contact our law firm today for a consultation.